|HOME | TYPES OF CAMERAS | SPEED CAMERA LOCATION MAPS | SPEED CAMERA INFOGRAPHIC 2011 | RESOURCES | CONTACT|
Speed Camera Facts 2011
The speed camera facts infographic is filled with mind-boggling, frustrating, and interesting facts with which you can impress your friends
A word of warning - The facts contained in this infographic are bound to stir up some emotions as some of the facts are unbelievable!
Click on the graphic below to load a larger version »
- One speed camera in Nottinghamshire on the A610 racked up a whopping 4.2 million in speeding fines over just 5 years.
- There are approximately 2500 mobile speed cameras in total across the UK.
- Speed Cameras reportedly earned £120 million for the treasury in 2003.
- 1 in 5 motorists have been caught since 1996
- A camera in Victoria Station earned £150,000 a week after diversion confusion, totalling 8 million in 12 months.
- There are 9 different types of speed camera
- £40,000 is the average operating cost of a UK speed camera per year
- £87 million in fines from speeding and red light cameras in 2008-09
- In 2001, Department of Transport declared Britain had one of the safest road networks in the world per KM.
- Getting caught results in 3 points added to your licence with a £60 fixed penalty.
- The United Kingdom has the highest number of speed camera installations in the world with 10,040 known installations.
Which country has the most Cameras?
- United Kingdom (10,040)
- Germany (9,863)
- France (8,722)
- Italy (5,650)
- Spain (2,302)